It is another national holiday that must be observed….Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. And my husband LOVES peanut butter! I make him his own special Protein Bars every week (I know – he is so spoiled!) and he has one of these squares of yumminess every day. My kids will also eat them, which is a bonus. Here is the super easy recipe – try it out.
– 2 cups raw oats
– 4 scoops protein powder (vanilla or cookies and cream) The scoop I use is 4 Tablespoons per scoop and 90 calories per scoop
– 1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
– 2 TB *powdered peanut butter (I get mine HERE or HERE)
– cinnamon – to taste
– liquid vanilla stevia or any natural sweetener – to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix together.
3. Spray 9 x 9 glass dish with cooking spray and press mixure evenly into dish. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
4. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set up. Cut into 4 – 6 squares and put in individual baggies. I freeze mine, or you can put them in the fridge.
*Now, if you don’t have access to peanut butter powder, replace the peanut butter powder and greek yogurt with 1/2 cup natural peanut butter and 1/2 cup water. Directions stay the same except divide into 6 or 8 squares. If you want to try these out with your kids, add in some mini chocolate chips or carob chips – they won’t even know they are healthy!
For those of you who calorie count, the entire batch as listed above is 1,089 calories (so divide by 4 or 6). If you go the peanut butter and water route, calories bump up to 1, 754 (divide by 6 or 8). Enjoy!