A while ago I celebrated “National Pistachio Day” here on Healthy Mama, Happy Mama. My husband referred to the post on his blog and wanted to know why we were celebrating the Pistachio Nut and not the Pecan. Well, my dear, I am happy to announce that Pecans do have their own day (the whole month of April, in fact). So, for the love of Pecans, and my husband, celebrate National Pecan Day with us!
Reasons we love pecans: (found HERE)
1. Eating about a handful of pecans each day may play a role in protecting the nervous system, suggesting that they may adding delay the progression of age-related motor neuron degeneration.
2. Naturally-occurring antioxidants in pecans may help contribute to heart health and disease prevention.
3. Pecans also play a role in lowering cholesterol and may lower the risk for heart disease.
4. Pecans contain heart healthy fats!
5. They contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals.
So go nuts and have something with pecans in it today!