My kids love pizza. The big, greasy, cheesy pizza from Costco. Pizza on a whole wheat pita with healthy sauce and light on the cheese? Uh, not so much. So I have to be tricky. And tricky I am. Pizza Pinwheels is my way of having our pizza and eating it, too.
Pizza Fixings: Turkey Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Onion, Olives, etc…..
1. First make the sauce. In a bowl, sprinkle granulated garlic and Italian Herbs into plain tomato sauce to taste. Spread sauce on Flatout.
2. Cover pizza with all the fixings you want. (my kids are very plain pizza eaters)
3. Roll up flatout in a tight roll (TIGHT). Roll from long end to long end.
4. Slice into sections to create pinwheels. I did 6 – 9 pinwheels. (Emma just likes cheese on hers, so I had to cut the sections smaller to keep the cheese in.)
5. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay pinwheels on sheet. Sprinkle each pinwheel with cheese.
6. Bake in oven on 425 degrees for 5 – 7 minutes or until slightly crisp and cheese is melted.
7. After removing the pinwheels from the oven, let them cool to let cheese set up. Eat with fingers and enjoy!