Last Fall I posted on facebook how obscenely ridiculous “jeggings” were to the fashion world. I vocalized how ugly they were, how tight they were, how I would never be caught dead in a pair, blah blah blah…. Until a fashion conscious friend got me in a pair and I was sold! Now my jeggings are my favorite and most comfortable pair of pants to wear.
You would think I would have learned my lesson….I recently stated how ugly those 5 finger shoes are. Gross! They looked stupid and I didn’t care how comfortable everyone said they were. You’ve seen them right? Tell me these aren’t ugly….
Well, you know the ending to this story. A friend bought a pair and convinced my husband to buy a pair. They both loved the shoes and bragged how great they were. So…I tried a pair on. I am now the proud owner of a pair of Vibram FiveFinger Shoes. From their website, here are 5 reasons to wear the FiveFinger Shoes:
1. Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs—Wearing Vibram FiveFingers will stimulate and strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes—No longer ‘cast’ in a shoe, the foot and toes move more naturally.
3. Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility—When wearing Vibram FiveFingers, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Eliminate Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture—By lowering the heel, your bodyweight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed, promoting proper posture and spinal alignment.
5. Allow the Foot and Body to Move Naturally—Which just FEELS GOOD.
I have worn mine while lifting weights, treadmill, elliptical and stairclimber. Fabulous everywhere!
*Note to self….don’t bag on ANY new fashion until I have tried it on.