Looking for the perfect summer salad? You have found it. The bell peppers add a pop of color and the Roasted Red Pepper Dressing is to die for. That’s right. To. Die. For. But don’t take my word for it. Try it out tonight!
– Romaine Lettuce
– Chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
– Slice mushrooms
– Sliced cucumbers
– Grilled chicken (3 oz cooked)
– Egg whites (2)
– 1 small baked whole wheat tortilla
– Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
Prep for the salad:
– Baked Tortilla: Slice a small whole wheat tortilla into thin strips with a pizza cutter. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or broil). Spray cookie sheet with Pam, layer on tortilla strips and spray strips with Pam. Place oven on top rack and bake until crisped. Watch closely. Once cooled, break up strips into smaller, bite size pieces.
– Roasted Red Pepper Dressing: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place red bell pepper on a cookie sheet and spray all sides of pepper with Pam. Bake in oven for 30 minutes (rotating halfway through). When it is done, it will look like this – nice and toasty looking….
With tongs, place entire red pepper in a ziploc bag for about 15 minutes. The steam will allow the skin to peel off easily (if you want the skin gone) and the stem to pop right off. Once cooled, slice red pepper into strips. In a small blender cup combine:
– 1/2 sliced red bell pepper
– 1/4 cup cottage cheese
– 2 Tbsp skim milk
– 1 tsp DIPS Ranch powder mix
Blend well. Makes 8 Tbsp. 2 Tbsp = 20 calories.
Not sure if you caught it the first time, but this dressing is to die for. Perfect on this salad or to just dip veggies in. Yum. Now layer spinach, lettuce, peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, eggs, chicken, tortilla and dressing and dive in!