I have to remind myself of this often. You know that old saying, “If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy”? Well I don’t think this applies to just mama. It holds true for everyone. Negativity breeds negativity. BUT happiness begets happiness.
To help me stay focused on the positive and the little things in life that make me happy, I keep a “happiness” journal.
Each day I search for all of the little things that bring a smile to my face. My journal has entries like this…
– Read Junie B. Jones with Emma.
– Listening to Gabe talk about the phone numbers he got in class.
– Morning walks with Jesse.
– Calling my Mom.
– A conversation with a client.
– The lady at the gym carrying her baby while she worked out.
– Watching Emma race her shadow.
– Good haircuts and good friends.
And the list goes on. As I find happiness in my life, I am more positive and happy in general. This overflows into everything I do and everyone I come in contact with. I am finding that happiness is a choice, that happiness is something I am continually working on, and that happiness DOES begin with me.